Monday 4 February 2013

Episode 7--- Bites & Coffee


Episode 7--- Bites & Coffee
It was around 4:30 pm Sameera reached the hotel and was walking towards the reception to asked for Ishaan, the receptionist told her to wait, and called up Ishaan, whose line was busy at the moment, So Sameera decided to wait for a while she knew it was only right to thank him for what he had done, Jai was passing by when he saw her waiting in the lobby, he smiled and went up to her
Jai: Hi
Sameera: (looked up and got up and then said) Hi
Jai: (thinking its Ishaan she said )you probably don’t remember me
Sameera: your Ishaan right, thank you so much for yesterday
Jai: I am not Ishaan I am Jai, Ishaan is my brother (he smiled)
Sameera: oh I am so sorry, But thanks for dropping me home
Jai: no problem we had a blast actually (he chuckled )
Sameera started to blush she knew what he was saying, but she surpassed it and went on to say,
Sameera: I would like to meet your brother as well and thank him,
Jai: yeah sure off coarse I am headed up to his cabin why don’t you come with me
Sameera followed him up, Ishaan was sitting in his cabin with a big stack of papers, that he was reading, and had to sign, when he heard a knock on the door
Ishaan: Come in
Jai entered in and said
Jai: bhai there is some one here to meet you
Ishaan: who is it (he said while signing the papers not looking up)
Sameera came forward and Ishaan was absolutely startled beyond words to see her, she was wearing a long skirt with a tank top, and had loads of bangles on her hand, she looked so colorful, his eyes widened, remembering her call him Romeo last night. Sameera on the other hand was also shocked to see Ishaan, she remembered him, he was the same guy who she met before the play. What was he doing here?
Sameera: hi
Ishaan: Hi
Jai: Bhai this is Sameera, you remember from last night (he then looked at Sameera and said) and that’s my brother Ishaan
Sameera smiled at him, she was just confused as hell as to what was happening, but she snapped out of it and said
Sameera: you’re the same guy I met before the play I remember you
Ishaan: (not knowing what to answer) ya I am
Jai: and he is the one who dropped you last night as well (he added in playfully)
Sameera: yes thanks a lot for helping me last night by dropping us home
Ishaan: your welcome
Sameera: if you don’t mind can I say something?
Ishaan: yes
Sameera: I would like to take you guys out for coffee if you don’t mind as an appreciation for last night
Ishaan: no its fine,
Sameera: please I insist, its just a coffee
Jai who was intently watching was enjoying what was going on, and so he added in
Jai: Bhai I think we can spare a few minutes, its just coffee
Ishaan: (looked at Jai with big eyes and then said) look its really ok, any one in my place would have done it,
Sameera: (knew that was a no, she looked down and said in a soft voice) I can understand you’re a business man and don’t have time, its ok,
Ishaan caught her expression and so did Jai, who was now making eyes at his brother and urging him to say yes. Finally seeing the situation he said
Ishaan: ok, I guess a coffee wouldn’t hurt,
Sameera looked up with lighted expressions, she smiled and said
Sameera: great lets go, there is a cute café down the road called Bites& Coffee we can go there.
Sameera’s expressions didn’t go unnoticed by Ishaan, and the three of them left the cabin and headed down to the café, to enjoy a cup of coffee.
As they reached they took a seat by the corner, which was cozy, and the server came to take the order,
Sameera: what would you like?
Ishaan: a black coffee please
Jai: I don’t mind a mocha latte
Sameera: one cinnamon cappuccino please.
The server took the order and then went off, leaving the 3 to chat, there was silence for a few minutes and then Jai said
Jai: I loved the play,it was really good
Sameera: thanks, we had worked so hard on it, I am so glad you liked it
Ishaan: so what inspired you to become an actress (he asked in a curious tone)
Sameera: well actually my dad enrolled me into acting classes with dream star productions and I enjoyed it so much that I took it up as a career,
Jai: that’s great you should always do what you enjoy the most, then it doesn’t feel like work
Sameera: yeah that’s so true, I don’t think I could last being a CA or something I would suffocate and die, working in some business firm how boring (she exclaimed)
Jai chuckled and Ishaan said,
Ishaan: Being in a business line, I can say that business is not boring but logical and practical, if you are smart you can survive and if not then you cant,
Sameera: exactly see, how boring it sounds, who likes to be logical, and practical, ugh that’s so standard (she said sipping her coffee)
Jai was having a blast and Ishaan on the other hand was thinking to himself, that now he was sure she had come from a nut house.
Ishaan: so according to you everything should be unpractical and illogical
Sameera: oh no I didn’t mean that!!
Ishaan: (folded his arms and raised his eye brows) so then what did you mean
Sameera: what I meant is that, business is so black and white, its either this way or that way, your so limited to your options, your so trapped in a box, and not to mention you have to wear formals every day. That’s kind of sad
Ishaan: whats wrong with formals? Formals makes a person feel like they are in power and control and also it is stylish
Sameera: Sorry Ishaan to me it sounds boring, no offence, but I would rather wear what I am comfortable in, and besides, who wants to wear the same thing every day, I love to change my style, it makes me feel like I am unlimited (she chuckled)
Jai: you know I like that theory, I agree with you
The server came back with a plate in his hand, it had some muffins.
Server: Mam, the chef has tried some muffins and would like you all to try it and tell us how it is, its complimentary
Sameera: thank you
He placed the plate and went, and then Sameera handed a folk to ishaan and jai, and they dug in, and as she took the first bite, she shut her eyes and slow made oomph’s sound, Ishaan and Jai had never seen some one do this, she was relishing the muffin and as she opened her eyes, she said in a bubbly tone
Sameera: you guys have to try this its yum
Jai took a bite and Ishaan also took a small bite. It was really very good.
Jai: Sameera, I take it your not conscious of your weight
Sameera: (looked up confused) no why would I be conscious
Jai: all women are
Sameera: honestly Jai, do I look like all women to you, i don’t care much about my weight, I love eating good food. I have a plan to marry a chef so I can get good food every day (she chuckled)
Jai and ishaan had never come across a girl like Sameera ever, she was so different from the other girls that they had met, Ishaan was totally taken away by her, she was interesting no doubt a bit crazy but interesting.
The three of them finished the muffins and the coffee, and then Jai said,
Jai: I would love to do this one more time we should meet again, why don’t you bring your friend
Sameera: oh you mean Ishita, ya sure no problem, and yes we should do this another time.
Ishaan: Ya sure.
Jai: so Sameera can we have your number we can chat on whats app
Sameera: ya sure, and please we are friends now and all my friends call me Sammy
Ishaan reluctantly gave his number to her on Jai’s saying, Jai had a positive feeling about her, and Ishaan was still figuring out what just hit him.


3 comments: