Monday 4 February 2013

Episode 6--- I am Startled



Episode 6--- I am Startled
Sameera got up from the bed, holding her head, which was blasting like a bomb had just exploded in it, as she rubbed her eyes, and tried to get rid of her sleep, she made her way to the living room, to see kartik sitting on the couch with the news paper.

Kartik: good morning sun shine (he beamed at her)
Sameera: my head is killing me (she whined while holding it)
Kartik: naturally, you had drunk so much last night, so you are bound to get a headache beautiful
He came next to her and handed her a strong black coffee so that she feels better.
Sameera: I know I drank last night, but I don’t remember what happened after that
Kartick: (chuckled) you my dear are suffering from a classic case of a hang over, and for further details on what you did after going drunk please contact ishi, she knows exactly what happened.
Sameera: yes may be she can give me some insight of what happened
Saying this she picked up the phone to call her

(Phone Conversation)
Sameera: hello Ishi, whats up,
Ishita: oh look who it is, Juliet, when did you get up
Sameera: Juliet why are you calling me that (she asked confused)
Ishita started off to tell Sameera everything on what happened last night on how the Ishaan and Jai dropped them home and she called Ishaan Romeo, Sameera was ecstatic, her jaws down her eyes wide she screamed
Sameera: what!!
Ishita: (chuckled again) calm down Juliet, all is good,
Sameera: calm down, why didn’t you stop me, why didn’t you shut my mouth with your hand or tape it, (she put her hand on her head) how could I do such a thing, those 2 must have though that I have absolutely lost it, how can I do such a thing, note to Sameera, never ever again, will I ever drink (she trailed off into talking to herself mumbling and mentally shouting at herself for making a fool)
Ishita was just giggling and laughing away, oh sameera and her dramatic style, she thought, Sameera who was rambling realized that Ishi was having a blast, she stopped and said in an angry voice
Sameera: oh you are having a blast seeing me like this aren’t you
Ishita: (stopped and said) off course I am, who wouldn’t.
Sameera: ishi how could you, oh sometimes I wonder whats going to happen to me at this rate, oh god (she exclaimed)
Ishita: sammy calm down nothing will happen to you and if something does then I am there na,
Sameera: ya I can see that (she said in a sarcastic voice)
Ishita: anyway sammy listen we should go ane thank those two guys for dropping us home, I don’t have time but can you just stop by the hotel and thank them
Sameera: ya cool I will stop by at 4 or 5 in the evening.
Ishita agreed and the conversation ended
Meanwhile, back at the malkhani house, Ishaan Jai and Pari were sitting down to have breakfast as usual chatting away and talking away to each other
Pari: oh bhaya can we go out tonight for Chinese food to the new restaurant,
Ishaan: yeah sure princess no problem we can go
Pari beamed with excitement and smiled while she munched on her toast, but suddenly they heard a voice coming from behind
Voice: not tonight parisha.
They all looked up and saw ahead, It was their mother, Meera Malkhani, description a tall thin woman dressed in a black gown as she approached them and sat on the adjacent chair to Ishaan she ordered the servant to get her breakfast
Meera: tonight you father and I have to go out to dinner to the Sahani’s house and we want the three of you to come with us, they have children of your age and they have asked for you
Jai: but mom, these dinners are so boring cant we skip it
Meera: jai come on, its not so bad and you can do some much for your father and me cant you
Jai shrugged a bit knowing there was no escape out of this,
Ishaan: well mom I cant come tonight as I have to look on the hotel there is some repair work
Meera: ishaan I am sure that secretary of yours, can handel it, besides its important that you come, I hear that Mihika their daughter is back in town, she studied in the states you know, it will be good for you to know her
As soon as she said this Parisha whispered in Jai’s ears
Parisha: great another one of that dinner’s where we will be on display, poor Bhaya, we still manage but he cant stand all this
Jai chuckled at his sister’s silly remark
Meera: Parisha, tonight I want you to where the dress that I bought you from BurBerry
Parisha: but mom don’t you think that’s a bit too much for a simple dinner
Meera: simple (she exclaimed) who said anything about simple, we are going to one the most respected people in the society, lets show them class and style shall we, no child of mine will be undressed for the occasion
Parisha Jai and Ishaan looked at each other, dreading to go tonight for this dinner, they hated these kinds of dinners they were formal and boring, Ishaan though it was a waste of time, none of the women at these dinners were real women, they were fake plastic dolls, he hated this and what was worse was that all the women would be falling all over him, and he couldn’t stand that. These women were only looks and had no substance in their brain, what a waste he thought


2 comments: